Join NZTech in this diverse new role supporting communities in the Tech Alliance to deliver activities that provide value for members.
Proud winners of the NZ Hi-Tech Awards ‘Best Contribution to the NZ Tech Sector’ in 2021.
The purpose of this newly established position with NZTech is to implement initiatives that support membership growth and retention across some of the smaller (and growing) communities within the Tech Alliance: BlockchainNZ, the NZ IoT Alliance and LocationTech.
The role covers a range of engagement and member growth activities that foster connections and bring value to our members, resulting in a high level of membership retention and an increase in new members.
This is a full time position initially for a one-year contract term with a view to becoming permanent if successful.
Membership engagement and development
- Build relationships with members, understand their reasons for participation and use that knowledge to plan further meaningful member engagement activities
- Respond to inbound membership enquiries and support any new member development work initiated by the Communities Executive Council.
- Help plan and execute a calendar of in-person and virtual events to bring the membership together, with at least six months of advance events scheduled
- Support speaker attraction and engagement
- Contribute ideas for event topics and formats that deliver good member value and engagement
- Ensure events run smoothly on the day, acting as the coordinator/liaison for community events as required.
- Ensure membership collateral is kept current
- Support the curation and timely delivery of quality content for member newsletters and other member communications
To be successful in this role you will have:
- At least three years experience in a similar role or programme coordination role
- Proven relationship management experience
- Strong time management and planning skills
- Knowledge of or experience within the New Zealand technology sector.
The ideal candidate is someone that:
- Has a strong interest in technology and the businesses behind the technology
- Is professional, proactive and service-focused
- Is quality and detail-conscious with the ability to be responsive and manage numerous projects simultaneously
- Has cultural awareness and the ability to deal with a variety of personalities.
- Is able to attend events outside of regular business hours and travel within New Zealand when required.
The candidate will work between our North Shore office (Mairangi Bay) and satellite hub at Wynyard Quarter.