Real use cases utilising Location information in Blockchain
Join like-minded BlockchainNZ and LocationTech members at this combined networking event, exploring real use cases of using location information in Blockchain.
Our guest speakers will share their experiences and knowledge, including case studies, challenges and opportunities:
- Sharing trusted data in the Primary Industries sector, Klaeri Schelhowe, Delivery Director, Trust Alliance New Zealand
- Transforming maritime logistics with blockchain – Frederik Van Outryve, Chief Commercial Officer at T-Mining
- There will be plenty of time for questions, including the opportunity to learn from industry peers and discuss the latest developments across this emerging technology.
Supported by: Tech Futures Labs
Klaeri Schelhowe, Delivery Director, Trust Alliance New Zealand
Working with leading industry organisations to improve data interoperability across the value chain to gain competitive advantage with focus on the primary industry.Turning e.g. compliance into added value by using a decentralized technology platform and innovative frameworks to strengthen businesses.
Frederik Van Outryve, Chief Commercial Officer, T-Mining
T-mining improves efficiency in logistics and transport by better data sharing and secure title transfer. For this we fully advocate using blockchain technology. By using this technology the role of middleman is reduced. This resolves a pain point in transport sector where there are many parties involved and often with little trust. Aside this block chain has unique features to transfer assets / rights ensure that a proper handover is done via transactions.
Alexandra Sims, Blockchain Council Member
Alex is an Associate Professor in the Department of Commercial Law and a Research Fellow at the UCL Centre for Blockchain Technologies. She is a member of Blockchain NZ’s Executive Committee. Her primary areas of research and publication are on blockchain technology, in particular, DAOs (decentralised autonomous organisations), cryptocurrencies and NFTs. Alex’s legacy areas of research and publication are consumer law and intellectual property law, in particular, copyright law.”
We are committed to running safe events, aligned with Government Alert Level 2 protocols. To ensure you and fellow guests remain safe, please follow these steps:
- On arrival
- please wear a mask
- scan in with the NZ COVID Trace app
- register with our events team using the QR code on your ticket
- Collect your name tag, directly from the printer
- During the event
- Please remain one metre apart from others
- Seating will be one metre apart from others
- Following the presentation, you are welcome to go to the bar for a non-alcoholic beverage, however you must return to your seat.
Thank you for your understanding and support to keep everyone safe at our events.